If you recently started a business, or recently started doing marketing work for a business with little social media presence, you may be wondering how to set up Facebook reviews on your business page.
Facebook reviews are growing in popularity, and they’re also important for your overall online reputation.
Positive Facebook reviews are a powerful trust signal for your potential customers, and they’ll ultimately help more people choose your business over your competition.
Luckily, this is a quick and easy process. If you’d like, you can check out Facebook’s own instructions, but I’ll lay them out here for you, as well.
List Your Facebook Business Page as a Local Business
First things first, you must select ‘local business’ for your Facebook business page’s category. Facebook reviews can work for larger companies with multiple locations, but each location must have its own page and be categorized as a local business.
Here’s how to change your page category:
- Navigate to your business’ page, and make sure you’re using Facebook as your business
- Click the ‘about’ tab on the left side of your business’ page
- Right below the ‘general’ section, click the ‘edit’ button next to ‘category’
- You can then type in as many as 3 categories, and then select a corresponding option from the dropdown menu
- Click the ‘save’ button
Again, make sure you select ‘local business’ for your category.
Enabling Facebook Reviews for Your Business Page
Once that’s done, you’re ready to enable reviews for your Facebook business page.
You can do this in one of two ways.
The way I recommend adding reviews to your page is this first way, as it makes sure you have your address and all other location info set up correctly:
- Click the ‘about’ button on the left hand column of your business’ page
- Navigate to general and contact info, and click the ‘edit’ button for your address
- Add your address, make sure it’s correct, and click ‘save.’
- Once you’ve saved your changes, you should see a map
- Go back to the address section again and click ‘edit.’
- Below the embedded map, check the box beside ‘show check-ins and star ratings’
- Once again, save your changes
There’s another, simpler way to just add a reviews tab, but it may not show check ins or a map if you don’t go the previous route. Nevertheless, here’s how it can be done:
- Navigate to your business page
- Click ‘settings’ at the top of the page
- Click ‘edit page’ on the left column
- Scroll down to the bottom (it’s usually at the very bottom) and click ‘add a tab’
- Click ‘add tab’ next to reviews
- Then, manually move the reviews tab to near the top of your assorted tabs
If you followed these instructions, you’ve successfully set up reviews on your Facebook business page.
If, for some reason, neither of these methods worked for you, either let us know in the comments or contact us, and we’ll try to help get everything sorted out.